Saturday, September 19, 2009

We Leave In Two Days!

PROLOGUE:
I have wanted to go to Ireland ever since I knew there was an Ireland. My husband Ty and I have spoke of traveling since we met ten years ago. Ireland was first on the list of places we "had" to go as it was my greatest dream.
I jokingly call Ireland my "Mother" land, but in all seriousness, it is not far from the truth. Ireland calls to me - it feels like home.
Ty and I made the decision around New Years that there was no time like the present to make our dreams of traveling a reality. We booked our trip to Ireland back in February and the countdown began. We decided this trip would be just the two of us, since we have never had a get away and the trip falls just before our wedding anniversary. (We do plan in the future to travel with our teenage children, Matt and Autumn.)

TRIP DETAILS:
After many months of research I decided to book our trip through Irishtourism.com. I was impressed with their customer service, reviews and self drive tour packages. We chose the self-drive tour option as we wanted to be able to go at our own pace and not feel the pressure of a schedule.
The tour we are taking is called the 3 Centre Tour (http://www.irishtourism.com/self-drive-tours-ireland/10-night-tours-self-drives.htm) and we will be staying 10 nights.
This package appealed to us as we likes the idea of staying several nights at only three different "base" locations, as opposed to changing locations every night. This way we can take day trips and explore the other counties surrounding our base locations at our leisure.
We felt we would be better rested and truly wanted to take the time to experience the Irish culture.

We will be flying into Dublin and staying:
3 nights in Kilkenny (bed and breakfast)
3 nights in Killarney (B&B)
4 nights in Galway (1 night in a castle the other 3 in a B&B)
Fly out of Shannon


The plan is to blog our experiences and upload pictures of our journey daily. I want to savor every moment - I don't want to forget a thing! There are no words to describe how excited Ty and I are. We want to thank our family and friends for helping out with the kids, taking care of the cats, house sitting, allowing leave from work, all of their support and well wishes. We hope you will all enjoy the blog of our journey.
~~Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment